- Nigerian Constitution
- Chief Servant - Speech & Profile
- Niger State Exec Council
- Vision 3:2020
- Development Action Plan
- Economic Due Process
- Pension Guidelines
- SME & Micro-Finance
- Land & Housing
- Public Private Partnership
- Niger State Scholarship Form
- Scholarship Biometric Form
- Facts and figures about Niger State
- Year 2009 and 2010 Accounts
Ministry of Science & Technology
Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) was created in 2005 with respect to the directive by the Federal Governemt for each State should establish a Science and Technology Ministry or parastatal. In 2008, the ministry was marged to be Named Ministry of Tertiary Education, science and Technology as a result of a merger for Higher Education and Science and Technology in January, 2010. They were merged for proper coordination promotion, facilitation and service delivery of Tertiary Education, Science and Technology as practiced globally.
The vision of the ministry is to create first class tertiary institutions that will produce and consolidate adequate and appropriate human resource base of the state towards achieving that much desired transformation of being one of the best three top economics in the country by the year 2020.
In order to realize the above vision, the ministry’s mission is:
- Ensure the provision of first class tertiary education within the state.
- Facilitate the acquisition of quality higher education by Nigerlites that will enable them to unlock the hidden potentials of the state;
- Produce future creative and visionary leaders who will take Niger State to greater heights, socio-economically and politically.
- Foster linkages between the state-owned tertiary institutions and federal ones within and outside the state to ensure staff exchanges research collaborations and students intake into programmes.
Mandate of the Ministry:
(a) Oversees, regulate all state-owned and private tertiary institutions and sees to the academic progress and general welfare of Niger State students in all tertiary institutions within and outside the state.
(b) Coordinate and take the lead in charting the course of Tertiary Education, Science and Technology in the state in line with the state vision 3:2020.
(c) Formulate, monitor and review the state policy on Tertiary Education, Science and Technology.
(d) Promote and coordinate emerging technologies in the area of information and communication technology (ICT) space technology, Bio-technology etc and small and medium enterprises.
(e) Identify and collaborate with development partners, donor agencies, foundations, in research, promotion of science and technology, development of human resources and capacity building.
(f) Provide consultancy services to Government and non-governmental establishments.