- Nigerian Constitution
- Chief Servant - Speech & Profile
- Niger State Exec Council
- Vision 3:2020
- Development Action Plan
- Economic Due Process
- Pension Guidelines
- SME & Micro-Finance
- Land & Housing
- Public Private Partnership
- Niger State Scholarship Form
- Scholarship Biometric Form
- Facts and figures about Niger State
- Year 2009 and 2010 Accounts
Goodwill Message to Nigerlites on the Occasion of Eid-il-Kabir
GOODWILL MESSAGE TO NIGERLITES
BY THE CHIEF SERVANT, DR. MUAZU BABANGIDA ALIYU, OON (TALBAN MINNA), THE GOVERNOR OF NIGER STATE, ON THE OCCASION OF EID-IL-KABIR; ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2010
MY FELLOW NIGERLITES;
2. May I extend very warm greetings to you all, especially our Muslim faithful, at this festive period of Eid-el-Kabir, as we join other Muslims around the world to mark an important act of Islamic religious worship. I congratulate Nigerlites, and indeed all Nigerians on this occasion, as we express sincere gratitude to Almighty ALLAH (SWT) for sparing our lives to witness this day.
3. Let me remind the Muslim faithful of the significance of the Eid-el-Kabir festival as a religious act of devotion meant to inculcate in us the Islamic virtues of obedience, devotion, faith in the will of Allah, sacrifice, uprightness and sincerity.
4. As we celebrate therefore, we must imbibe the lessons of Eid-el-Kabir, which reinforce the spirit of kindness, piety, liberation and commitment to duty, as well as the promotion of religious harmony and peaceful co-existence. We must continue to show genuine love and respect for one another. Those of us who are priviledged should be kind, generous and considerate of the less priviledged ones amongst us, so that Allah may continue to show kindness and compassion unto our nation and society, as enjoined by Holy Prophet Muhammad [SAW].
5. My fellow Nigerlites, permit me to use this occasion to express the gratitude and appreciation of the Government of Niger state to you all for your support, understanding and encouragement to this administration, and for your abiding faith in our administration’s determination to transform Niger state within the context of Vision 3-2020. We must therefore, appreciate your individual and collective efforts and contributions toward the actualization of the vision for a better, more prosperous and stable Niger State, because without you very little would have been achieved in the governance project. We shall continue to count on your support in our collective drive towards achieving a prosperous state.
6. Permit me also, to call on all Nigerlites and indeed all Nigerians to devote this period to extra-ordinary prayers for the peace, stability and prosperity of our dear nation, especially as we prepare for the next general elections. Indeed, we must do everything possible to ensure that we get the elections right, to lay the solid foundation for development of our nation through the emergence of credible and legitimate leaders at all levels of government. However, we must remember that success does not come by wishful thinking or quantum of prayers. We must think right, act right and be patriotic and disciplined in our lives both as a people and as a nation, before we can expect Allah’s everlasting favours unto us.
7. We should therefore, participate actively in all the electoral processes, especially in the voter registration exercise, which gives everyone the visa to exercise his/her franchise in electing their leaders. We should also endeavour to vote and defend our votes during the elections.
8. Let me reassure all Nigerlites that in the spirit of the Eid-el-Kabir festival and in keeping with the principles of servant leadership, this administration will remain committed to the service of humanity and the improvement of the quality of lives of Nigerlites. We shall ensure that our people, particularly the less-priviledged ones continue to be the target beneficiaries of our policies and programmes.
9. Finally, may I call on all Nigerlites and indeed all Nigerians to embrace peace and religious harmony in our daily activities. We must eschew all forms of political and religious extremism so as to lay the foundation for sustainable development and national integration. We shall resist any individual or group that may wish to test our will or attempt to use religion to foment trouble under any guise. Anybody who notices suspicious movement should report to security agencies for prompt and decisive action.
10. Once more, congratulations and the best wishes of the Government of Niger State for a blessed Eid-il-Kabir. Happy Sallah celebrations!
Thank you and May Allah bless us all; Ameen.